When designing smart forms you have many different types of fields and "smart fields" to choose from and the ability to layout those fields across the screen.
Smart fields are fields that contain information already stored in BraveGen and fields that have special features. They include
- Action - add multiple actions with due dates and assign to people (and notify yourself when completed)
- Audio recordings - enables you to record audio in your Smart Form
- Checkbox - enables you to use checkboxes in your Smart Form
- Customer - shows you a list of customers you have set up in BraveGen
- Date - enables you to add dates in your Smart Form
- Date Time - enables you to add the date and time in your Smart Form
- Department - shows you a list of stakeholder groups with the "department" group type you have set up in BraveGen
- Dropdown - shows you a dropdown list that uses an option set or a custom options list. (use "Allow multiple selection" to allow multiple selection of your list of options)
- Equipment / asset - shows you a list of assets / equipments you have set up in BraveGen
- File - enables you to upload files
- GPS - enables you to grab GPS coordinates
- Image - enables you to take photos or upload an existing photo from your image gallery and annotate* photos (*you need to allow annotation in your Smart Form - Form Attributes tab)
- Information - enables you to add instructions and guidance to your Smart Form with formatting (you can add tables and images as well)
- *Location - enables you to choose a location from a list of locations setup in BraveGen (* this list can be minimized to only the locations the user belongs to)
- Long text - enables you to add long text (max 2000 characters)
- Map - enables you to add a map field to type a physical address into
- Number - enables you to add a number field
- *People - enables you to select multiple users in BraveGen and allows you to add comments with an option to share the completed form with them (eg. used for meeting attendees, absentees)
- *Person - enables you to select a user from a list of your users in BraveGen
- Program Supplier - allows you to select your suppliers if you are using the "Contractor Management" BraveGen module.
- Program Supplier Action - allows you to assign an action to people in your supplier's user list in BraveGen if you are using the "Contractor Management" BraveGen module.
- Project / Job - enables you to select a project / job from a list of projects/jobs you have set up in BraveGen
- Separator - enables you to add a separator line in your Smart Form
- Share with contacts - gives you a button that when clicked, it opens the default email client on your device with a link to the Smart Form response for sharing.
- Short text - enables you to add a short text in your Smart Form (max 2000 characters)
- Signature - enables you to sign your Smart Form using a stylus or your fingers. (Note - set the spacing for this field to a minimum of 6 for best results)
- Stakeholder - shows you a list of stakeholder groups with the "stakeholder" group type you have set up in BraveGen
- Supplier - shows you a list of suppliers you have set up in BraveGen
- Teams / crews - shows you a list of stakeholder groups with the "team" group type you have set up in BraveGen
- Weighted Dropdowns / scorecards - give options different scores / weights (*Note - select the checkbox "show weighted score footer" in your Smart Form - Form Attributes tab, to show these scores under each section - section totals, and at the bottom of the form - total score)
- PPE (coming soon)
- Hazards - add multiple hazards (coming soon)
- Video recordings (coming soon)
Form Layout is managed by splitting the form screen into rows. Rows can be split into any combination of 12 columns. You can also use sections and separators and information panels.
Form Sections help you to group your questions in your form. You will need to set these up in the "Sections" tab of your form with the relevant sort order.
Form Sort order allows you to change the sort order of your questions in your Smart Form. (Note - sort orders are specific to sections, eg. Section 1 can have sort orders 1-10 and Section 2 can have sort orders 1-10)
Form Option Set helps you to manage your dropdown lists across all your Smart Forms. You can manage your option sets in the "Option Set" tab. (Note - if you make changes to an option set and save the changes, the changes will take effect on all your forms and existing responses)
Use as title helps you to select a field to use to show in your response list along with response ref number, date submitted on your device. (Note - you should only use one field in your Smart Form to be used as a title, eg. location field)
Questions categories in conjunction with weighted options give you the ability to create dashboards and scoreboards based on those categories.
*Person/Location/Equipment fields- these fields will show the top 10 most frequently chosen selections first and then the rest of the list in alphabetical order. This makes data entry faster for the person filling out the Smart Form.