Location Management allows you to set up new sites, update existing ones and view all incidents, HSNO, Safety Data Sheets, QR codes and details for a site.
Click on your company's logo in the top left-hand corner of the screen to return to the Home Page. From here, select Location Management in the Your Information section.
View a location
- This section provides details of the location, including any photos, the location address and emergency procedure for this location.
- The unique email address relating to this location. Anything emailed to this address will automatically be saved against the location.
- A summary of the Hazards, Hazardous Substances and Safety Data Sheets listed against this location.
- A listing of all the Hazardous Substances at this location. Note that this list can be filtered by clicking on the filter icon beside any of the categories, applying the filter criteria and your search term.
- A listing of all the Safety Data Sheets attached to this location.
- A listing of all the Incidents logged against this location. Note that this list can be filtered by clicking on the filter icon beside any of the categories, applying the filter criteria and your search term. Click on the blue hyperlink to go directly to the Incident. A new Incident can also be added directly from this screen by clicking on the Add Incident button.
Further down this page is all the Activity Data, including any files, documents or photos which have been attached to this location.
Add/Edit a location
To add/edit a location go to your home page by clicking on your company logo. Click on Location Management.
You will now see the list of your locations. Click on a location you would like to edit. If you want to add a new location click on the Add new location button.
- Location Name: Add/Edit the location name
- Photo: You can upload a photo of your location here.
- Parent Location: All locations need to have a parent location which will be the company most of the time but these could be other locations/business units/divisions etc..
- Address: Type the address here.
- City: Type the city here
- Region: Choose a region from the dropdown list. (If there are no regions in the list or you would like to make a change to the list, go to Settings > Regions.)
- Country: Choose a country from the dropdown list.
- Latitude and Longitude: if you add coordinates here the location will show these coordinates which will override the address in 4 above.
- Contact Person: Choose a person here. (If you are using Environmental Compliance and a location is chosen as a holder of a permit the contact person can be notified of expiring permits)
- Show stakeholder details: this will show contact details of these people on the location page.
- Safety Representative Group: choose a stakeholder that will be the safety rep for this location
- Default Incident Owner: the person chosen here will automatically be assigned as the owner of incidents occurring at this location.
- Emergency Procedures: Choose the emergency procedure you want to appear for this location. (If there is no emergency procedure you can add/edit these by going to Settings > Emergency Procedures)
- Risk Rating: Choose the appropriate risk rating for the location here.
- Effective from/Effective to: If the "effective to" date is in the past the location name will have a suffix "(Closed)" and the location will not be available to be chosen in location dropdowns.
- Safety Data Sheet: you can select multiple SDS's to be associated with this location.
- Library: Private view: library items selected here will be available only when you have a login to the system, have access to the location and the appropriate permissions.
- Library: Public view: library items selected here will be available to everyone who can log in and access the location.